Valentine’s Day is over. The fancy dinner is eaten, the roses will last for a few weeks and hopefully you’ll get to snack on chocolate for the next few days. But what about that leftover bit of champagne? After all that rich food, it’s tempting to just throw it out. Luckily I have a solution for you. Grab your apron and make these Mimosa Scones! They only take a few minutes to put together and you’ll have a lovely breakfast treat until next week! Nothing like a delicately sweet scone the flavor of a cocktail to set your morning right. Check out the recipe below!
Time: 10 minutes preparation, 25 minutes baking – Makes 10-12 scones
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– ¼ cup granulated sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
– 2 ½ tsp baking powder
– ¼ tsp salt
– Zest from 1 orange
– ½ cup cold unsalted butter
– ½ cup heavy whipping cream
– ½ cup champagne
– Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
– Using a whisk, mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
– Stir orange zest into the dry mixture.
– Cut cold butter into the dry mixture and then use your hands to mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
– Add whipping cream and champagne and stir just until the dough comes together.
– Using a spoon, drop dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
– Form dough into rough discs and sprinkle tops with a generous pinch of sugar.
– Bake for 10-15 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned.
– Let cool and enjoy!