Let’s talk about nightly routines. It’s a big topic lately, considering all the hubbub with self-care. I’m definitely an advocate for sleep. I gotta get my 8 hours (at least) or I’m not a very happy person. And there are so many tips for nightly routines that sound so relaxing and wonderful! If I could put together my perfect nightly routine, here’s what it would look like.
- 7:30 pm – Evening Chores: clean up and sweep the kitchen, start the dishwasher, feed the cat.
- 8:00 pm – Turn off all the screens and have a cup of tea.
- 8:30 pm – Take a hot shower with Dr. Teal’s Lavender Body Wash and brush my teeth.
- 9:00 pm – Go to bed with my current book and all the pillows.
- 10:00 pm – Lights out.
I’m sorry to say that our nightly routine looks nothing like that right now. During the week, our nights go something like this:
- 7:30 pm – Start a movie or TV show.
- 10:00 pm – Wash my face, brush my teeth and feed the cat.
- 10:15 pm – Fill the diffuser, get in bed and scroll on our phones and talk.
- 11:00 pm – Lights out.
Not too glamorous huh. Dearest Carl is a night owl and I’m the morning person so it’s been hard for us to find a good middle ground. But back in the day, I used to stay up late reading and I miss those days. Maybe I should start working toward my dream nightly routine, partly for better sleep and partly because I love routines.
What’s your current nightly routine? What would you change? What do you love?
Image via Boho Romance