Happy new year! Now that all of the festivities are over, it’s time to settle into the long winter ahead. But rather than dread dark nights and snowy weather, let’s put some fun things on the calendar to look forward to. Schedule a game night, go out for cocktails, do the things with friends. But also, do these five things, just for your own care.
- Make an orange garland. If you haven’t already, it’s a fun way to decorate especially for winter.
- Go see a movie in the theater. That one you’ve been looking forward to.
- Bake some beer bread. Simple and buttery.
- Do a puzzle. You’ll be surprised how stress relieving this is.
- Learn a new skill like painting or knitting. Put your mind to work while your body must be so inactive.
Image via Madison Safer Illustration