July always feels like deep summer to me. The weekends are full, the garden is flourishing, the afternoons are marked by closed blinds and cold drinks. If we don’t watch out, it will sweep right past us in a golden blur. So here are a few things you should do this month to help you hold on to July.
- Go view some really good fireworks. Tonight, somewhere with a band.
- Grill something. Like shrimp or chicken or pineapple.
- Take a road trip to a large body of water. Ocean, lake, just go.
- Read a book from the library. Revel in a good fiction that maybe you’ve read before.
- Paint your front door something happy. I’m voting for pink.