It’s almost time! The forecast here is cool and crips and autumnal and if you’ve been reading this blog a while, you know what that means! That means weekly soup night!!!! The ladle sits at the top of the drawer and the soup pot barely gets washed before I’m filling it again. I’m so excited! Here are the eight recipes I pull out again and again:
- Please May I Have Some More Soup: Christened as such by my wonderful father, he says the cabbage in this soup reminds him of Oliver Twist. I say it’s a big hearty comforting bowl that is akin to chicken and noodle for me.
- French Onion Soup: For some reason, this soup always makes me think of Julia Child. But it’s so lovely and flavorful. Serve it with mozzarella cheese and croutons for an easy topper.
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup: I absolutely love this recipe ever since Dearest Carl bought me an immersion blender. It’s so thick and creamy and makes plenty of leftovers!
- Chicken and Gnocchi Soup: Another crock pot recipe. Cook the gnocchi the whole time and you’ll end up with a bowl that tastes like Olive Garden’s masterpiece.
- Zuppa Toscana Soup: This one is Dearest Carl’s favorite. This is the recipe I use to kick off soup season and it’s a winner every time.
- Fresh Tomato Soup: Normally, I’m one to pop open a can of tomato soup but I made several batches of this a month ago and it turned out so well, we won’t be going canned again for a while.
- Chicken and Dumpling Soup: For some reason, dumplings were intimidating for me. Then I made this last year and I’m converted. I don’t know why I waited so long, because it’s so easy!
- Beef and Bacon Stew: Put away everything you know about beef stew. This recipe blows it all away. It’s the most amazing, flavorful beef stew I’ve ever had and we’re going to be eating it a lot this winter.
I’m also looking forward to trying butternut squash soup with the squash from my garden, experimenting with ramen and getting familiar with instant pot soup. It’s gonna be a good soup season!
What soup are you looking forward to making this month?