Oh hello December! It’s nice to see you again. Now we countdown to Christmas, maybe with activities or candy or even just the calendar. Now we are a little kinder to people around us, the lady in front of us at checkout and the nosy neighbor and lonely uncle. Now we don’t worry so much about having dessert, those gingery cookies and decadent cheesecake and sweet mulled wine. Now we pile brown boxes in the back of our closets, waiting to be wrapped in colorful paper and ribbons. Now we sing along to the radio, in the car and cooking dinner and grocery shopping. Now we linger a little longer before bed, taking in the glow of the Christmas tree for just a few more minutes. There are so many things you can fill this festive month with, but here are a few things that you might want to do to help you really embrace the season with both hands.
- Take some Christmas cookies to your neighbor. Covered in sprinkles.
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie. Make time for Bing Crosby.
- Listen to a new Christmas album. Looking forward to Idina Menzel.
- Go walk or drive through a twinkly lit neighborhood. With peppermint coffee.
- Say “No” to one holiday thing. For your sanity’s sake.