Hello dear reader! It’s the middle of the week! I don’t know about you but so far, this week has seemed to crawl. I felt like yesterday should be Thursday. Maybe that’s because I’ve been writing wedding Thank You notes? Hmm….
Last night, I learned yet another life lesson… In fact lately, I’ve been learning a lot of life lessons! And this morning I thought “Why not share these nuggets of gold with everyone?!” So here goes. Life Lessons from the Kitchen of Casey Watkins.
- When baking seasoned potatoes, spread them out on a cookie sheet. Don’t cook them bunched together in a pan.
- Fried cucumber… doesn’t taste good.
- Last night’s chicken was insanely good, insanely easy and insanely going on the ‘Make Again List’.
- When flipping tuna melts, watch the edges of the pan. They’re hot too.
- A basic apple pie recipe turns amazing when you add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- When cooking pork sausage to put on pizza or in gravy, pour out the grease twice.
- Make homemade pizza on a smaller pan or you’ll be eating it every meal for the next week.
- A spoon plate on the stove is actually a necessity.