Being November, we just had to sneak in a Thanksgiving food session. Because the food is what Thanksgiving is about! I chose my favorite Thanksgiving side dish for this shoot and, being the first time I’ve actually made it, it turned out beautifully. See for yourself!
– 4 large sweet potatoes (or several small ones) about 4 lbs
– 1/4 cup butter
– 1/4 cup milk or cream
– 2 large eggs
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 2 cups marshmallows
– Wash, poke and wrap potatoes in foil. Cook them in the crockpot on high for about 4 hours (This is my preferred method of cooking potatoes. You can also bake them in the oven or cook them in the microwave).
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Unwrap potatoes from foil and let them cool a little. Then remove skins and put the mash into a large bowl.
– Add butter, milk or cream, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt to potatoes.
– Mash the potatoes and other ingredients together until well combined.
– Transfer potatoes to a 8 x 8 casserole dish and bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
– Remove from oven to add marshmallows and return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
This recipe was so much fun to make and so easy! Seriously, if you aren’t making this on Thursday, you need to! If I can’t convince you, head on over to Olivia’s blog for the rest of the session and you’ll decide that you need some of this sweet potato casserole, too.
(Recipe from Eclectic Recipes)