And here we are, looking at the end of the year. This year, I was so focused on Christmastime with Dearest Carl that I forgot to write a Christmas letter. So this post is serving as one. Because as difficult and uncertain as 2020 was, it was still a good year! And I wanted to share some highlights with you.
- Meeting our newest niece in January.
- Weekly date nights that have continued all year.
- Going to see our homeopathic practitioner and all she has done for our health.
- Grilling steak for Easter dinner at home.
- Vacations in Florida and Lincoln State Park.
- Visiting family in Chicago.
- Baking a LOT of cake.
- Two family weddings with housefuls of people.
- Celebrating eight years of marriage and ten years together.
- Camping in the summer and fall.
- A church/job change that sparked some good growth for us.
- Conversations that have led to closeness and understanding.
As tough as this year was, I can say that for myself, I feel happier and healthier at the end of it. Missing family, missing friends, but overall, I’m ready for 2021 and all its possibilities! I hope that as you look back on the year behind, you’re able to see some good, even if they were small bright dots in the grand scheme of things. Like stars in the night sky. See you in 2021!